My Nomination For The Mystery Blogger Award!!
I am tingling with excitement when I share with you my nomination for the Mystery Blogger Award by fellow blogger, Juggling Like A Mother. As a new, aspiring blogger, this meant the world to me when I had been notified of this award! (I seriously floated on cloud 9 all day on the Friday I found out!)
Please visit Juggling Like A Mother and see the amazing tips and tricks she offers to help moms juggle the different hats mothers wear everyday and to make the transitions smoother in their days.
What Is A Mystery Blogger Award?
Blogging is a hard business to gain recognition at first and this amazing award does just that. Being nominated for this award is an exciting milestone to be proud of for a blogger. This amazing award was created by Okoto Enigma. You can find visit Okoto’s blog HERE Some of the strict requirements for receiving a nomination are:
- The nominee has to have a blog of ingenious (creative) nature.
- Posts created by the nominated blogger are meant to inspire and motivate.
- Bloggers find love, fun and inspiration in the words they create on their blog.
- These bloggers are one of the best out there, waiting to be discovered.
Okoto created the Mystery Blogger Award to recognize new aspiring bloggers and she understands how hard it can be to gain a following and get recognized. I am appreciative for her creativity for this award for us bloggers.
What Are The Mystery Blogger Award Rules?
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate bloggers
- Notify your nominees
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny question
- Share links to your best posts
Three Facts About Me
Pursuant to the Mystery Blogger Rules, here are three facts about me:
- Being at a place in my life where I am able to pursue my passions, I started a blog. After much soul searching and being told by therapists, doctors and nurses that I should write a book, blogging seems like an excellent platform for me. Blogging is good for my soul and reduces my anxiety. Going through menopause and watching my body turn into something I don’t recognize has been extremely upsetting for me. I used to weigh 250 lbs and have kept the majority of my weight off for 20 years.
- I used to weigh 250 lbs and have kept the majority of my weight off for 20 years. However, after I lost my husband, I gained 15 pounds back. With menopause, this is the first time I have experienced my body turning to jello, despite how little I eat. It’s MUCH HARDER to lose any weight and it’s been extremely depressing for me. It feels like I have lost control of my body. Not wanting to weigh 250 pounds again, I am currently in a fitness challenge I made to myself. I asked myself, “What would happen if I worked out 4- 5 times a week as the “experts” say to?” I started this challenge at the end of June with Gina and will keep you posted on the results!
- Even though I provide ways on my blog how I have coped with my ADHD son, I am human. Yes, I hate to admit that I STILL lose my temper at times when dealing with my son and am disappointed in myself as soon as I do it. I KNOW better. Afterward, I take a deep breath and tell myself I need to forgive myself. ADHD/ODD children are hard to parent and I am human. There are days when I don’t want to deal with it. My patience are thin. Still dealing with grief from my past, I am not always in the best of moods.
P.S. My posts will not all be related to ADHD. There are so many things I want to share and write about, such as domestic abuse and alcoholism, in the future.
Inquisitive Questions From Juggling Like A Mother
- What do you enjoy most about blogging? I LOVE that I can express myself without being criticized and don’t have to worry about being politically correct, as in the office world. I have so much to write about and enjoy the platform blogging brings to express my views!
- What does your perfect day look like? When I am a full-time blogger my office will be at Starbucks or Panera, with my headphones on, listening to my favorite songs, being in “the zone” and writing. Hours fly by and I seriously lose track of time. I LOVE IT!
- What is your all time favorite song? Do You Feel Like I Do – by Peter Frampton
- What one word would your friends use to describe you? TENACIOUS!!
- If you had three wishes, what would they be?
*To be able to sit and have a 1 hour conversation with my Grandma.
*To be able to blog full-time from home!
*When I start to make money from blogging, to be able to hire a virtual assistant for social media so I can spend as much time as I can writing!
My Nominations For The Mystery Blogger Award
Without further ado, here are my nominees for The Mystery Blogger Award! Whether it’s running a Facebook group, providing comments or giving a suggestion on my blog, I have learned something from these women and think you will too!
9. A Self Guru
Links To My Best Posts On My Blog
Questions For The Nominees
- What long-term goals do you have for your blog?
- Who is the one person you would want to spend one hour with and what would you ask them?
- What is the biggest challenge you face with blogging?
- If you could be a comedian for a day who would you be and why?
- Do you plan to write an e-book or course someday and if so, what would it be?
I can’t WAIT to read everyone’s responses and for these amazing bloggers to “pay it forward” to other hard-working bloggers!